Monday, October 4, 2010

2010 Hurley Pro - Trestles...level of surfing raised!

I grew up surfing in the late 70s through the 80s and 90s and straight to 2010...I've ridden everything from longboards to eggs, shortboards,  fish, 80s thrusters to modern day longboards and true Classic logs.  I'm not exactly thrilled with 'modern day' shortboarding...especially the equipment being pushed on the masses of wannabe, shortboard kids...the average kid just can't ride em...period.  That said, I still really appreciate what the top level pros are doing and how they're pushing the limits of modern day shortboarding!  I haven't seen a shortboard video that peaked my interest since "Searchin for Tom Curren"...till the 2010 Trestles pro Highlights!  Check it out!  A cool side note...almost 20 years to the day, Slater won his 1st pro contest at Trestles.  One of the guys he beat that contest was hot shredder Dino Andino...this year, he beat current hot shredder and Dino's son, Kolohe Andino.  Pretty cool!

http://www.grindtv.com/surf/video/kelly_slater_archival_fix/

No comments: